(older entries, separated by genre or date, are listed at the bottom of this page.)

Thursday, July 7, 2011

4th of July, part 2

The previous post was actually on the night of the 3rd. The 4th was hot, sticky, and thunderstormy, so any type of fireworking was up in the air.
People were all doing different things or nothing at all (LAME), and I knew Dover was having them, so, at the last minute, me and this guy

headed out into this beautiful night


ate some fairly subpar fried dough (but still, fried dough!!)


my shirt turned into this:


I stood with some cream-of-the-crop Dover townies


and watched some fireworks. 



In hindsight, I wish I had kept in better contact with Kevin and Gina, since they went to the Meredith ones, which are on a lake and would have been with Kevin and Gina, who I never see. But these were convenient as hell, and although once again, subpar, they were still nice. The crowd left with a lot of "that was it?"s, but I kind of always feel that while you want to be blown away by amazing fireworks, anytime something explodes in the air in pretty colors and designs, it's a good day. 
And, Josh tried to eat one. 


that, or he was just screaming "MERICUHHH" and I caught him in mid scream.

No comments:

Post a Comment