(older entries, separated by genre or date, are listed at the bottom of this page.)

Monday, April 30, 2012

Best Albums of 1994

This was a good year, which meant I wanted to talk a lot about the albums. As long as this took me (from putting off doing it), I really enjoyed reminiscing about these classics, and getting my music-journalist on and writing WAY too much. I'm trying to get these out sooner. Hopefully 1995 will be soon, but for now, enjoy my musings on the wonderful year of 1994:

(click the picture for the link)

3 comments:

  1. Although I basically always agree with your top ten lists...I have NO idea how you do this....it would drive me completely fucking insane trying to compile one of these lists....excellent work

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha thanks. it's not that hard really.

    1. go through my very complete itunes library by year and take note of the best on a stickies note
    2. search "best albums of ___" in google and consult 3-4 websites' lists to see if I forgot about anything, and to verify that my years are correct.
    3. make a basic order starting from integral to ok, listen to chunks of albums if I'm unsure
    4. cut the fat and be honest with myself, change order 392934 times
    5. find the best album art I can, resize in photoshop so they're all the same size
    6. type WAY too much in short bursts, usually while listening to the album I'm writing about
    7. remember that even if nobody reads this, I love talking about music and it will be neat to have this fully complete.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL...nice...who knew Dirty Mike was so organized....keep on keepin' on!

    ReplyDelete