(older entries, separated by genre or date, are listed at the bottom of this page.)

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Wagon Hill, Durham, NH

A solid month ago, the roomies and I headed out for a nice Sunday afternoon stroll through Wagon Hill. I'm pretty much posting about this solely to have a place to put Irwin pictures and to showcase a fairly cool little spot that people from around here may not know about. 


It's pretty much a gigantic field, with a wagon on top of a hill, which eventually leades down to the ocean.


This is the best picture Irwin would give me when Josh put him on the wagon.

"stop looking at me mike"

Rich, on the other hand, got one of the most majestic pictures of Irwin ever, instagrammed with his ear flying in the wind. Amazing. 


We went down the left side, through some woods, and to the ocean. Irwin went crazy, running through the mud and getting flat out filthy.




I tried to go out and get a huge horseshoe crab, but just as Irwin had clearly demonstrated, it was MUDDY. 


I found another one and instantly said to myself, "what the hell do I need with a horseshoe crab?" It smelled pretty horrible.


I found what I'm guessing are raccoon tracks in the mud, which I thought were pretty photogenic.


We eventually sat down by the most picturesque spot, where there are picnic tables and this view. Not bad. 


We headed around the circle, through a trail in the woods and headed back up the hill. I like this shot of the Weez sucking in wind smells next to a tiny mud river:


He gets most of his smells from his ears: 

he's trying to fly away

When we went back up the hill to head out, Irwin was exhausted- just muddy, slobbering and panting, tongue almost completely out of his head. But he still had the energy to freak out some more. Here is Josh fighting him: 


And then him coming after me:

AHHH!!!!!!

turns ON A DIME

I think if I ever buy that nice DSLR camera I keep threatening to buy, I'm gonna go here and take pictures of Irwin running.

That night, this was the Weez. He didn't move for several hours. A truly tuckered out hound.


That's pretty much it. Wagon Hill is a nice spot to go with some friends and throw a frisbee or have a picnic down by the ocean. Based on who I've always seen there though, it's mostly a place to go with a date and wander around, or take the kids/family to, or take a dog to. There are dogs everywhere, and Irwin even tried to reel some chick in for Josh. What a wing man!


An epic wilderness with glorious views it's not, but it's still a nice little spot. And Irwin sure loves it.


currently listening to: Raein- The title is in Italian and I don't want to write it out

5 comments:

  1. You know, in all the years I've lived in the seacoast area I've never been here. I need to change that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there you go! see, my blog is helping people out

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. yea he's pretty rad. only downside is he drools A LOT

      Delete
  3. He only drinks water, Mike. No big deal! Jon, Wagon Hill rules. One of my favorite places around.

    ReplyDelete