(older entries, separated by genre or date, are listed at the bottom of this page.)

Friday, August 17, 2012

Vermont Trip, day 1

The drive to Burlington from Saratoga Springs was awesome. I got to drive all around the west side of Lake George, and it made me instantly want to explore the area- do some hiking, swimming, etc. What a cool spot. Here's a lookout spot that's pretty nice: 


I got to Jake's right as he and Tara were out walking Damien and Wyatt. We hung out for a bit chatting and catching up while drinking american flag bud heavies, then they went to bed and left me downstairs playing some awful Wii basketball game. I retired to my makeshift basement bedroom on a surprisingly comfortable bed, and got up the next day early (for me) to go play golf. My hair was trying to turn itself into dreads, worse than ever before. 2 nights of phish while having my hair down and me not combing it at all made it a full on disaster. I always thought my hair was too greasy to make dreads, but nope- turns out I can make them pretty easily. 


I hit up Dick's to buy a golf shirt, then met Jake at the Sugarbush golf course to attempt to golf. LOOK HOW CUTE WE ARE. (this picture was for my parents)



It was an absolutely beautiful day. Here's Jake putting on an especially picturesque hole. 


And here's his thorough follow-through on a hole facing Lincoln Peak. The course was a bit hilly at times, but generally pretty playable and not too hard. And it was extremely scenic, you know, being next to a ski mountain and all. 


This par 3 was pretty ridiculous:


Here's an HDR of one of the early holes. Glorious day.


Another of the picturesque hole:


And here's one I tried to do for instagram, using a weird editing program to clean up the ball a little bit. It didn't work out that great, but here it is anyway:


I really love this one: 


And this one too, which was pretty much the other side of the shot above. We both lost our balls in this grass. The little flowers and thickness of the grass made it pretty easy to lose stuff.


And here is by far the prettiest spot on the course. I think this is hole #4, super touched up through HDR and snapseed. I love this shot, even though the mountains got a little messed up: 


After 9 holes, we hit up the 19th hole for some hot dogs and brewskis. The hot dogs were pretty blah, but since Jake worked there, it was pretty cheap. I had a weird beer I'd never heard of, and Jake drank 2 pretty strong ones since I ordered one and hated it. Then, like true all stars, we got one each to go. 

SUMMER

This turned out to be a hilarious but also very bad idea. Jake usually only plays 9 holes, or "like 12" as he said. I prefer 9 and think that 18 is way too long. I think golf should be 2 rounds of 7 as a max, with lunch in between. So, we were already kind of tired of golf, but I wanted to see the rest of the course. Apparently we were both severely dehydrated, because I felt that 1 beer, and I felt the second one even more. Suddenly, we sucked real bad at golf, and it was the funniest thing ever. 

A lot of people I know who play golf get beers out on the course, or drink in between rounds, and I guess when you do that, you just give up on playing as soon as beer gets introduced. I could barely swing anymore, Jake would give up half way through a hole and just throw his ball into the woods (he lost 20 balls easy). We were driving horribly, it was a mess. Don't drink and play golf, folks. Unless, again, you want to have a hilarious time and not really try anymore. 

Here's one of the times Jake lost his ball. I think he stopped playing for the rest of the round on this hole.


Once the hilarity wore off, I tried to finish strong while Jake 10-putted the last hole. Good times. 

We drove home and spent some quality time out on the porch with Tara, Hannah, Wyatt and my old buddy, The Big Show.


Tara was telling me how much Wyatt loved to dance and asked me if I had any techno on my ipod. The closest thing I had was Skrillex, so here is Wyatt hearing dubstep for the first time. He doesn't know it yet, but he LOVES it. 


Jake had taken the next day off, and we were planning on hiking Camel's Hump. I hoped I would be able to do it, as even though golf isn't too taxing on most peoples' bodies, it can still tire you out, especially when you suck as bad as I do. I also felt a tickle in my throat like I might be getting sick. Based on the life I'd led over the last few days, I probably should have been sick, but I was hoping I'd beat it. 

currently listening to: Arkells- "Michigan Left"

No comments:

Post a Comment