(older entries, separated by genre or date, are listed at the bottom of this page.)

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Halloween, part 2

A few days after Saratoga, Sean from apple had a Halloween party on actual Halloween. I don't think I've ever been to a Halloween party ON Halloween, unless it's been on a weekend of course. I also haven't been to a party at someone's parents' house in quite awhile. I put Horseman back to work, this time with a felt/hot glue H on my chest instead of duct tape. It worked much better. This party was pretty tame, but I still took a bunch of pictures that are worth sharing. 

Here's Sean with his dry ice. I need to have dry ice. All the time. 


The standard party-at-your-parents-house beer pong table. Except of course, that when I got there, nobody was playing because although Sean had completely decorated his basement and even went so far as to buy dry ice, he didn't get ping pong balls. All night, it was the story of "____ should be here soon with them." I think Karim was the one blamed the most, and he didn't even show up. N00bs!

lonely table

my fake hand, blur city, sean being awkward, boobs

Dan had a pretty solid Dr. Doom costume, featuring lots of duct tape:


Alicia was a meme. She was this chick:


I thought she did a pretty solid job:

you need to work on your face though, especially your mouth

The highlight of the night of course, was Horseman, with new felt H and the desire to do lots of splits:


This is one of my favorite pictures in awhile. I fell over doing a split, and you can't see my head. I just look like an awkward horse with double jointed arms and screwed up hands:


The party pretty much consisted of people standing around drinking and talking, but it was fun. I got to see some people I only recently met, some people I used to work with and some new peeps too. Sometimes it's fun being social. Especially in costume. As the night went on, sober people left and drunk people collapsed. I tried to shake their hands with my fake hand, to no avail of course:


Then handstands happend? I guess?


At this point, the music being played was getting weirder and weirder- to the point that classical music was playing. It was a bunch of movie soundtrack stuff, so I decided to do some interpretive dance to people I hadn't met yet. I'll never lose the blue zoo stupidity I've always had of trying to make people uncomfortable, but most of it didn't work and I was instead just the weird guy nobody knew with fake hands dancing all around a pool table.

I headed out to leave, then stood outside with Sean for awhile and he decided to shoot fire everywhere:


I hate that this one is blurry, but damn, what a flame:


He was doing this with Absinthe, so I decided to try it. Not only was it disgusting, but it also burned the hell out of my throat (and hurt for a few minutes), and it made me go from sober back to buzzed instantly. I'm not sure what proof it was, but it was clearly pretty high. So I stayed and watched people be drunk for awhile longer while Sean's dad yelled at us to be quiet. Here's my favorite picture of Sean:


All in all, it was a long drive for basically just a hang out in Sean's basement, but it was fun. And as much of a pain as it can be to be horseman, it felt good to bring him out again. I can't wait to be him again next year. Horseman forever.

Since this post is short and it's now December, here- look at our jack-o-lanterns! The left is Josh's, the right is mine. I tried out 2 different style eyes so it looked like he was squinting or something. I wasn't psyched with how he came out, but everyone else though he was solid.


The left 2 are Rich's, the right is Holly's. I loved the real left one. Excellent job Rich.


I left to go to Maine to take my parents to the airport on the night that trick-or-treaters were going down our street. When I left, Josh was being George Bush.


OR WAS HE?!


Rich was changing masks for every visitor (only like 4 families and 1 really awkward Michael Myers who didn't say a word and just stared at us (and was an adult) by the time I left). Rich was Ronald Reagan Thor with a giant cloak from his ren fair costume the last I saw him. Irwin had on a crown. It was pretty adorable. Our porch was also quite excellent, which I had pretty much nothing to do with. 


It was another great Halloween season!

No comments:

Post a Comment