(older entries, separated by genre or date, are listed at the bottom of this page.)

Monday, July 11, 2011

Fernal Shores

...well, Fernald Shore, but I've always known it as Fernal Shores, so I'm sticking with it.

This lovely little slice of heaven is a beach on Northeast Pond in Lebanon, Maine. I have spent many a late afternoon in summer, swimming until dark, throwing the B, and having a fantastic time with Josh, Rich, and occasionally Hilton.

Sure, there are often white trash dirtbags there, barking dogs, obnoxious little kids, giant groups of douchetards who bring punching bags and blast the most god awful music imaginable- but more often, it's a quiet, peaceful place of somehow always calm water, beautiful views, and quite often, we've had the entire place to ourselves.

It's technically been summer since June 21st (May if you go by how hot it's been), but I say it isn't summer until we do what we did on July 5th- FINALLY making summer official by packing into the car, blasting Four Year Strong's Enemy of the World (last year's summer album), and hitting up Fernal for some B. I've been back twice, and plan to spend A LOT of time there this summer.

nice, huh?

I tried going a few days ago, but was hit with a brutal thunderstorm on the way there and decided against it. But I decided to drive around and explore the area anyway, and couldn't be happier that I made the trip, as I caught a beautiful sunset- so nice in fact, that I am posting 4 pictures (of the like, 15 I took).




you don't need to have a nice camera or a photographer's eye when this is what's in front of you

I had a long, tough weekend (post coming soon), and today, my goal was to recover (which I did by sleeping until 3:30 in the afternoon), and then swim. After throwing the B with Josh, I swam out to a buoy, wrapped it around my feet with my feet up, lay back, and just floated there in Jesus position, eyes shut, completely gone from the world. It was, needless to say, perfect. I wish I was there right now. I love swimming.

1 comment:

  1. whooop! that place looks pretty intense at sunset

    ReplyDelete