(older entries, separated by genre or date, are listed at the bottom of this page.)

Monday, January 28, 2013

Roommate Christmas

Last Christmas post here. My roommate Christmas was another awesome one, this one made better by Hilton visiting for that weekend. Lots of fun was had. Look, I was even on wrapping paper!


Hilton got to our house Friday night and we immediately went to Walmart to get snacks and for me to get 1 last present for Irwin. We went to La Festa then came back and proceeded to open presents. Hilton did a lot of this:


And some of this?


Presents were good. I didn't take pictures of all the best stuff, just the stuff that I felt was worth a picture. Here's Rich with the framed picture of Irwin I had enlarged. Oh wait, that's right, it never worked when I went to get it done, so he got a frame with the picture that came out taped to it. Enjoy!

Just finally got a good copy of it today!

Josh did a piece of original art for one of their favorite artists, Becky Cloonan, to give to her boyfriend. In exchange, she did a Hellboy piece for Rich. Pretty badass. 


I got Rich 2 bags of some of the greatest chips ever that are only available in Canada- Ruffles Sour Cream 'n Bacon. This picture rules, as it also shows the new fatguyfoodblog shirts that will be available very soon.


I also got him a DVD he's been screaming about every time we saw an ad for it during wrestling- the ECW unreleased DVD. So much violence.


I got him this badass Daniel Danger Game of Thrones print too, which also doubles as a "hey, here's a piece of paper that you now have to spend a ton of money getting custom framed cuz artists refuse to print stuff on paper that they sell frames for"present.


I got Josh a pretty badass Daniel Danger print too. Daniel Danger rules. Check him out.  I got less fun things and more stuff I need, like an ipod adapter thing for my car, a lifeproof iphone case, crocs, a new light for my bike, a light for hiking, a hiking book, a fat guy shirt, a sculpture of a skeleton playing golf etc. Some of those things I've needed for years and have never bought for myself. I also got a couple of framed pictures too, like a signed Hacksaw Jim Duggan picture from when Rich met him at a comic con:

um... actually, it's 2012 there Hacksaw...

I also got a painting of Loki from Avengers cuz I have a severe mancrush on him, 2 Tim & Eric shirts, and this painting I absolutely love of the best characters from Tim & Eric. 

Where' my chippy?

Here's an awkward picture of Irwin in front of a picture of him with Josh giving the peace sign.


Irwin was the star of the night. He got a bunch of presents which we even made him open.


I found this orange pig that snorts at Walmart. He rules, and so far, Irwin has played with him more than any other toy I've seen (probably a cumulative 2 minutes since he opened it). It also worked out great, since Josh collects pigs. His dog should collect them too. 



Eventually he got tired of all the present opening though.

"I'm done with you guys"

I got Josh some dumb stuff and some awesome stuff too- like the giant hardcover Calvin and Hobbes book, to which he said "FUCK YOU" to upon opening. It was a bit expensive. Thank god for amazon.com and a roommate to split it with.


Rich gave him a pretty awesome shirt too. Here's the process:

What's this?

Oh. A pig shirt.

Awesome.

Hilton scream laughing.

It was a fun night and the official end to the Holidays, except of course for a sculpture for Rich I had only finished half of at the time and would finally just finish 3 nights ago. You'll see it soon- it rules. And the picture that I just got reprinted today.  But still- it felt good. Christmastime is great but a lot of work and it gets exhausting after awhile. It felt good to end it on such a good note. 

The night was fun. We hung out and had a lot of laughs. Then this happened:


Then this:



Then Hilton brought out Cards Against Humanity, which is the new hotness of games- basically a filthy, immature and inappropriate version of Apples to Apples, which proved to bring much hilarity until like 3 in the morning. 


The next day, Josh, Hilton and I pretty much just ate and sat inside playing video games or watching Workaholics. Good day in my book!

Another good year of Christmases.

currently listening to: Ben Folds Five- "The Sound of the Life of the Mind"

5 comments:

  1. So awesome. I laughed out loud a bunch of times reading this. The pics of Josh with the Pig shirt are gold, and Hilton laughing about everything are great. Can't wait for next Xmas!

    ReplyDelete