(older entries, separated by genre or date, are listed at the bottom of this page.)

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Fall in Fast Forward Photo Form, part 2: Halloween

Here are the best pics from the later part of fall- the Halloweeny part. I stole a bunch of these from Rich. Thanks, Rich.

I had nothing to do with this decoration since I was at work when it happened, but man I love when my roommates decorate. They do a hell of a job.


I only went to 1 haunt this year,-Haunted Overload, which has always been my favorite. I didn't have as good a time as I did last year, but it was still pretty awesome. This giant skull head was about the coolest thing I've ever seen.

(it's probably 20 feet high and 15 feet across)

We went to Funspot for Buote's birthday. I hadn't been to Funspot probably since college, and it was awesome. We had a great time. Here's Heath trying to get arrested:

hide your kids hide your wife

We hit up that destroyed building in Kittery, where I took a terrifying Screammask shot.


Dustin didn't really do anything for Halloween in Saratoga this year, so I went to Birthdayween. It was probably time anyway, as it had been a few years. Horseman represented. I think this is my Halloween costume forever now.

Half man. Half horse. All justice.

Here's Horseman drinking a BURR while Pat Lane looks on admiringly:


Josh's costume was incredible. He was the made-of-money guy from the Geico commercials.

Bigfoot pose

Ridiculous!


Most of Birthdayween was posing for superhero pictures.



I particularly love this one. Jesse's face is classic.

as is Ahadi's costume

Another good one for Jesse. Nice costume, Heath.

Jesse threw cards everywhere while pieces of money fell off Josh all night. 

Here's everyone. How weird is it that Nintendo put the A and B buttons in that order? I never thought of that before.


Another one. Horseman loves posing.


Oh yea, and this happened.


This is the least incriminating picture I have. Basically, someone loves drinking and getting naked at parties, and that someone decided to put stuff into a certain place in front of a lot of people, then he put something into his mouth from that place. Yikes.

I should do this pose more often:


Here's Rich and I at Art's Halloween party a week later:


And me fighting a fire:


Josh and I, the 3 armed Horseman, after kicking butt at beer pong (pretty much all josh).


So Art's party was a little odd cuz I knew 1 person there other than the people I came with, and that was Art, who I barely know. But I think this was the 3rd time he had done this party, and there was a huge game of Slender Man that absolutely ruled. 

If you don't know Slender Man, he's a character created by someone on the Something Awful forums, a site I used to go to all the time. I think a computer game was created, and somewhere down the line, this game was. It may be done by other people- I'm not sure. At this party, what it entailed was groups of 2 running out into a giant field (this party was at a peach orchard), where you have to find pieces of paper with clues on them. The clues didn't really matter- it was more just about finding the pieces of paper. Each group had 1 flashlight. And roaming the field (and all of Art's property) was a friend of his in Slender Man garb, on stilts. So he looked pretty much just like this:


Other people were dressed as skeletons, and they ran around finding people for Slender Man to catch. Sounds ridiculous, right? Especially after drinking? Let me tell you, it was AWESOME. Rich and I partnered up, and right away, standing in a silent field, Rich says "you hear that? THAT'S HIM!" and you could hear the creaking of stilts in the distance. But I couldn't see him at all. In fact, I'm pretty sure the person dressed as him got dressed without anyone knowing, so nobody would have seen him. I saw him once in the distance, and he was huge and terrifying. 

It was weird how quickly the game got really intense. As soon as you heard Slender Man, you took off, fast. I remember my closest encounter was when Rich suddenly saw him heading towards us and we ran in different directions. I started making my way back towards where Rich had gone, and immediately saw him coming towards me. I had to jump and duck behind a rock as he walked by. Oh yea- and Art was blasting this terrifying music that was essentially a distorted machine-sounding heartbeat with weird eerie sounds in the background. You'd hear people scream in the distance, see people and not know if they were good or bad, etc. And you never wanted to turn on your flashlight, because that would alert Slender Man as to where you were.

I ended up sneaking back to home base where I found out the game was still going and there were only a few people out there. I had collected a few pieces of paper solo, so I realized I could win if I found a few more. Rich had either been caught or had enough, I can't remember. So I headed out into an uncharted area and found 3 more. I was psyched but heard Slender Man in the area, and when I should have called it a night, I headed towards 1 last piece of paper, only to have Art, in full skeleton makeup, jump up out of the bushes like 10 feet in front of me. He later said he thought I was going to walk right into him and had no idea how I didn't see him. I screamed out and took off sprinting towards the woods, where I was told I was safe. But I guess the game was over, because Art followed me right in there. I stood in silence, trying to be invisible, but I was already made. He ran in after me, and, tripping over rocks and smashing my way through trees and very thick (and wet) woods, I got my foot tangled in brush and my shoe fell off. 

I yelled out that I guess the game was over and Art helped me find my shoe. Apparently he only went in the woods to get me because I was the last one out there and they were trying to end the game. So it doesn't count, and I went un-caught. I had 6 pieces of paper, which made me the winner. At least that's how I feel. Woo!

When I got out of the woods, there stood Slender Man, illuminated by the moon glow, and he was absolutely terrifying. It's hilarious how scary and intense a game of basically hide and seek mixed with a scavenger hunt was, but you put on super loud creepy music and send strangers out into a dark field with a giant guy on stilts chasing you, shit gets intense quick. What a fun party. I wish I had pictures, but it was all too intense to even bother. What a cool party though.

currently listening to: Yppah- "You Are Beautiful At All Times"

No comments:

Post a Comment