(older entries, separated by genre or date, are listed at the bottom of this page.)

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I have not abandoned art

I rarely ever draw or do any kind of art. When I do, I usually like it and often produce some decent stuff. I try again and again to get back into it, and even created a blog to document progress to try and make me do more, but I think I've finally come to terms with the reality that I will probably always be someone who draws every now and then and regularly goes months without doing anything. I may be on another brief kick though.
Last week, Josh yelled at me like he always does to go to the sketch group at Jetpack Comics. I have never liked drawing with other people, but I finally decided to at least draw (from the comfort of my own home). I drew from 6-8, when he did. And I'm happy I did.

The picture I drew from is very dark, and I got stuck in a commitment I wasn't necessarily ready for. But I stuck with it, and after going through 2 and a half sticks of lead on the bic I was using, finished. The crosshatched lines are less obvious from far away.

This is blurry and I had to photoshop a little- I don't have a scanner, and because of the amount of pencil, any picture I take reflects way too much.

Here's one that shows some more detail, but only because I took it at an angle do it wouldn't reflect as much:


Because I have a Gopro camera and am looking for any excuse to use it, I decided to videotape me drawing, from the basic sketch to when it actually looks like an attractive person. 

no, I don't wear glasses but figured it fit the look

This didn't entirely work, as you'll see in the video. I move my head around A LOT when drawing, which I should have predicted. Sped up to 1300%, it basically just looks like I'm headbanging or having a seizure while drawing. Either way, I think it's neat. On to more art!! (maybe)

4 comments:

  1. i like it, keep using the goPro when you do everything.

    I would suggest getting a tripod for stuff like this or maybe putting it in picture ever 5sec mode and then make a time-lapse instead of speeding up the video.

    my $.02

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea i like this one....keep on keeping on

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say, I think this is the best work I've see from you. It is almost photorealistic, super awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yea but it would need to be a gigantic tripod that I can sit under... I've been wondering. What, you didn't like having a seizure?

    thanks dan. the next one I do will probably blow (and be like, next year)

    ReplyDelete