(older entries, separated by genre or date, are listed at the bottom of this page.)

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Yamstein (or "Alcohol: A Cautionary Tale")

Yamstein is a party that Matt and Jesse's household has hosted for the last 4 years or so. I missed 2 years ago, but last year was pretty hilarious. Yamstein consists of sweet food, fireworks, a billion people I didn't know, bad music, and watching people get absurdly drunk. Last year stepped it up with us taking turns getting hit with a stun gun and my good pal Rich hitting a new level of drunk. This year was supposed to be the year of "fire couch," where we would pose for pictures on a couch that was on fire. This plan, like throwing the B and playing bocce, quickly disappeared in favor of lots and lots and lots of alcohol. I threw B and bocce-ed, but my night eventually just consisted of watching people drop like flies while eating food and relaxing. This was the year that people didn't know their limits. Yamstein became drunkstein, pukestein, deathstein, and sadlivingroomstein. Here are some pictures to laugh at. The rest will be on facebook soon:

After a swim at fernal, Angie and I headed there with the top down. Oh, and Hilton too.

The decorated yams- more than I've ever seen before. Yamwise Yamgee won, although I'm partial to Yosemite Yam. Yes, something this stupid is literally the theme of this party. Love it.

Matt grilled pretty much all night. He's a machine. 

This was his bacon ranch burger with cheese in the middle- pretty amazing.

Good times were had,

I took the greatest picture ever of Ahadi (he didn't know his picture was being taken- this is a face he made in normal conversation), 

little kids and insanely old lunatics danced together, 

and then things got messy.

Al, who was the drunkest guy ever (at 6:30) launched (pun absolutely intended) into 2 episodes of projectile vomiting. I missed the first one, but nabbed this sweet shot, where he actually collapsed and was crawling on his hands and knees shooting pure death across the lawn.

After someone placed him on the couch in the sad living room, I decided that if fire couch wasn't going to happen, AL COUCH would. 

rocking the side pony tail

Joel is insane, Ralph is fake puking on al, Joe is, well, heavily tattooed.

The following pictures are pretty much what the rest of Yamstein looked like. It was a night that I was happy I don't drink. 

victim #1: no idea who she was, but she caught me with demon zombie eyes.

victim #2, this guy was VERY dead

victim #3, dropped dead in a woodpile

victim #4, never moved for the rest of the night. I wouldn't be surprised if he was still there.

victim #5- Joel, dead on the couch. He later moved to the sad living room to sleep with the crying people.

And lastly, victim #6, good ole Rich, taking a nap half standing up on the top of a truck bed. Better than last year, eh Rich?

Be smart with your alcohol, kids. 

5 comments:

  1. Hey now. I was simply taking a nap due to the late hour. Alcohol probably didn't have anything to do with that. But thanks for getting me that Gatorade out of my car, buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha no problem, kind of surprised you even remembered that

    ReplyDelete
  3. You also fail to mention that I bounced back HARD. Played piano, sang a BEAUTIFUL SONG, stopped outgoing DUI's, and drove people home at 3:30. ZERO credit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry pal, I mentioned our coldplay duet and chip eating on facebook. I didn't know you drove people home, I, thank god, had escaped by then

    ReplyDelete