(older entries, separated by genre or date, are listed at the bottom of this page.)

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Halloween in Saratoga Springs

Halloween has always been a fun holiday, from being kids and getting free candy to being adults and acting like complete idiots. In recent years, I went to a friend's house for a smaller party or didn't really do anything at all. I've always felt that as adults, if we're going to put on stupid costumes and look like idiots, we might as well look like idiots in public, so after Shaun and Natalie went to Saratoga last year and danced all night at a local bar, I decided I wanted to be a part of it this year. Kevin and Gina came up, Shaun did again, and we raged pretty hard. I wore the same exact costume I wore to a party 2 weeks earlier, which is the same thing I wore 2 years ago. It's some sort of pimp/wrestler/child molester, and it's really just a combination of the stupidest clothes I own. It's an excuse to wear my hideous and insanely heavy pimp jacked and my amazing sweatpants I first wore at a Halloween party years ago when I was an old lady:

The pants have since become legendary- friends have won contests by submitting a picture of me in the pants, I owned a rave in Canada wearing them, they are the source for my twitter and vimeo picture, and people I don't even know know have realized who I was based on pictures of me in those pants. 


So I don't really know what I was, but who really cares? I got to look and act like an idiot. That's all that matters. I drove the solid 4 and a half- 5 hours to Dustin's house while snow started falling. We hung out, got dressed, some local friends came over and we all headed out. After plans changed 20 times, we ended up at The Local, where they had gone last year. It was a small, very crowded bar, and had live music and a costume contest. We, as we always do, instantly owned the place- all eyes were on us, pictures being taken, fingers being pointed etc. I like dancing like a moron to music at bars, and this band was perfect. They had a violinist and oddly had some ballad-esque songs, but they got the job done and we had a blast. I think I'll let the pictures tell the story. 

I like how Shaun is holding his phone up.

I still don't know what he was, but man did he make some great pictures.

Dustin with his collection of teeth

Dance fiesta

Dustin, hideous as ever, as the tooth fairy. Kevin as Chester, a "child photographer." I danced pretty hard with the lady behind them. 

Possibly my favorite picture of Shaun

Excellent.

Chester just wants to take pictures of your children.

Sheray decided to dance outside.

I joined her. Quite the party out there.

This is when Gina thought she was part of the band.

This is when Kevin stole the mic during the costume contest and just started rambling. He somehow/understandably won "scariest costume." 

I have no idea who the guy on the right is, but he was intense.

This is when Gina got in my pants. They're very large pants.


VERY large pants, which only got more stretchy as the night went on. No, I didn't pee myself, I just did like 10 splits at the bar and kept slipping on spilled beer, making the splits even bigger, and me, even filthier.

Afterwards, we raged on at Dustin's house, probably singing along to Spacehog right here

Gina changed her costume slightly

We look good.

Then things got really weird.


As I had hoped, I had a blast. I think this picture is one of my favorites of me ever. I fell on my face mid split. Seeing that ridiculous jacket crammed into those even more ridiculous pants just makes me happy. We know how to party. What a fun night. 


currently listening to: Oh, Sleeper- "Children Of Fire"

7 comments:

  1. Amen.

    But seriously all I wanted to do was get some pictures of some kids. My studio was parked right out back I mean COME ON!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so close if the news broke a little earlier you could have been jerry sandusky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh hello stupid rick flair, good to see you remembered that you do in fact have a blogspot account

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a classic. Remember when we all posted on a blog all day at work?

    ReplyDelete