(older entries, separated by genre or date, are listed at the bottom of this page.)

Friday, November 25, 2011

MAN day

I randomly got a message from Naro one day, saying "hey, wanna join in on our man day on friday? We're getting BBQ, going to a brewery, and playing with guns after." um.... ok.

It was gorgeous outside, to the point where I pulled over just to take some pics (instagram-crazy).

Boston Harbor, right off Route 4 in Newington

We met at Goody Cole's Smokehouse in Brentwood (apparently) to eat some meat. I rocked the new coldplay on the way there and made sure to let everyone know that that's what I chose to listen to on MAN day. (It takes balls to admit to liking coldplay).


I've never been a huge fan of standard BBQ, but this was some pretty solid stuff- nothing to freak out about, but good. The decor was pretty impressive too.


But nothing says MAN like eating piles of meat and PBR (in a bottle... classy).


There were 3 other dudes there too- people Dan worked with and people Naro worked with. They were nice, but pretty regular guys. I don't think they were prepared for the stuff I would be saying all day. 

On the way out, we were talking about how gross Moxie was, and the guy working there said "wait, have some of you NOT had moxie?" He decided to pop open a bottle so we could all do moxie shots out of dip cups. This was unbelievably stupid, and very funny. Moxie is so horrible. It tastes really cool for a few seconds and then reveals its true essence- that of a bottle of spit with cigarette butts at the bottom. 

Moxie shots. So stupid. So manly. This guy ruled.

We then headed to the Smuttynose brewery for more beer. Naro really likes brewery tours. I don't. They're pretty blah to me- just someone talking about the science behind beer, which is somewhat interesting, but I can never hear anything they say because the idea of a microphone apparently never came up when brewery tours became a thing. This was extra bad too, because there were a billion people there.

apparently free beer attracts crowds

I did get to taste malted barely (kind of neat) and smell pure hops, which smelled absolutely horrid and easily explained why to me, really hoppy beers are disgusting.


There was at least a hot chick there though, and we did get samples after. Sadly, I didn't like any of them. It was still somewhat interesting though. For example, did you have any idea how much beer America drinks? This is a very small brewery, and this was the amount of beer they shipped every week. Amazing.

This was about 70% of the line that was shipped each week. I couldn't get a picture of all of it.

Then we headed to the Kittery Trading Post to look at guns, try on stupid hats, fantasize about owning sweet jackets that cost 300 bucks, and in my case, buy fudge. They make EXCELLENT fudge there. I recommend the Moose Tracks. 


I apparently had this one on wrong, but I think it looks better this way:


I then hit up a liquor store (why not) and headed home blasting metal. I met Rich and we tried to go to an art gallery thing for Josh (both to support and also completely contradict the normal MAN stuff), but the stupid thing apparently didn't start until the next day. SO, we got Wendy's, watched wrestling, then played Call of Duty for a few hours. 

MAN day could have been better, but I'd say it was a pretty solid success: BBQ, beer, guns, hats made from dead animals, fudge, liquor, metal, wendy's, wrestling, video games. It was great to have a full day of solid stuff and hanging out with different people, especially after being sick and not wanting to do anything for so long. 

NOTE: I would like to point out that I do understand that when you have no job, no girlfriend, and live with 2 dudes who like fighting, swearing, metal, and disgusting food, pretty every day is a "man day."

currently listening to: I, The Breather- "These Are My Sins"

4 comments:

  1. shots of soda and coldplay on "man day"....you should be ashamed of yourself...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha...nice...you guys are like a testosterone fueled golden girls...."NOTE: I would like to point out that I do understand that when you have no job, no girlfriend, and live with 2 dudes who like fighting, swearing, metal, and disgusting food, pretty every day is a "man day.""

    awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. testosterone fueled golden girls- hockey team name

    ReplyDelete