(older entries, separated by genre or date, are listed at the bottom of this page.)

Friday, June 17, 2011

Dongus Bologna

Did you know that I make really bad music? Well, I do, and it's done under the massively awesome name of Dongus Bologna. I had a myspace page for awhile (where you can listen to a sampler track I made featuring clips from every song I've made- www.myspace.com/dongusbologna of course) but no full tracks and myspace blows and I never checked it. SO, I finally simplified everything and made a bandcamp page where you can listen to 6 songs. 

Dongus started out as me just making horrible noises using garageband instruments and my own retardation, but I soon realized I could do more, and took the attitude of Ween, early Beck and a little Flight of the Conchords, and am trying to attack genres- do the best I can in re-creating (and making fun of) different genres of music. Half the songs I've recorded are all me and my computer, the other half were done in 1 weekend with my friends Brad Hilton and Jon Talluto. Hopefully, I can do something like that again, but I WILL make more, no matter what.

There's descriptions of the songs if you click on them individually (and lyrics!), but basically, "The Carolina Panthers" is me at 3am out of my mind, "Don't Mess With the Zohan" is Talluto being out of his mind, "Drink 'till We're Dead" is a hardcore/punk song about drinking with lots of OIs, "Nantucket Pottery" is a really messed up mix of death metal, funk, and push-button kids guitars, "Sandwich 2000" is a garageband chill techno jam set to me eating a sandwich, and "Raining Outside (live from Singapore, 1984)" is a love ballad mixture of Poison and Nickelback. There are 7 more, and 3 or so in progress. The album will be done on December 3rd of this year with MANY more songs. More songs may be up soon, but I may just leave them until the ALBUM RELEASE, we'll see. Anyway, to check out this awful stuff, go here:


1 comment: