(older entries, separated by genre or date, are listed at the bottom of this page.)

Sunday, June 5, 2011

First trip to Mass: a photo retrospective

Retroactive post from 5/30-6/1:

I'm just gonna post the best pictures to explain this trip. I feel like they work on their own, but a full explanation for those seeking answers is below.











I took a trip to my old stomping grounds to go to a BBQ at my old team leader's house with a bunch of peeps I worked with. Its a very odd thing to hang out with your ex-coworkers only a week after they became ex-coworkers- I still kind of felt like I was just on a brief vacation and I'd see them at work soon, until people started leaving and "see you next week at the BBQ" became "see you... sometime... maybe..."
B was thrown, hot dogs were eaten, bocce was played, pictures were taken, people got drunk, messes were made, firetrucks came. A good time with some solid people who I will miss working with.

From there, I was faced with a decision- go play on my computer with one ex-roommate and his girlfriend at my old house or go visit the studio where the other ex-roommate works, where a bunch of weird strangers were shooting a movie until 2 in the morning. I left it to chance, but would like to think that I always knew I was going to do the latter, as this summer is supposed to be about living and doing some weird stuff. It was quite a scene there. I got a tour of the studio (which is beautiful and I'll soon be recording musics there), I got a tour of the creepy top floor, and I left with a huge gash in my leg (from the top floor) and good spirits. 

The next day I did something I've been putting off for probably 8 months: cleaned my car. I vacuumed the inside, washed the inside windows, washed the dashboard and everything else that was filthy, cleaned the outside, replaced the wipers, and put on 2 coats of rainex on the windshield. This is more than I think I've ever done for my poor car, and it was all done in 90 degree heat with me drinking nothing. Yaaaay headaches. I then drove around to some of my old haunts- the beautiful park in North Reading where I used to play tennis, the loop around Martin's Pond where I used to ride my bike, and the creepy death woods I used to live near in Tewksbury, where, needless to say by the second to last picture, I saw some creepy death. 
Then I had dental work done that ruined my life for a few days. So, definitely a full trip.

1 comment:

  1. You always put huge gashes in your legs....great MO

    ReplyDelete