(older entries, separated by genre or date, are listed at the bottom of this page.)

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Trip To Maine, part 1

A week without a post!? Jeez. Was I out living it up so hard that I didn't have time to post? Or did I sit in my room and stare at the internet cuz it was raining and like 55 degrees out for 3 days straight? Well, a little bit of both. I went home to see my parents for the first time in 6 months and to do my usual birthday-and-father's-day-in-the-same-weekend visit. Saturday, I had a lovely day of golf with the rents.

Sunburn muggin while mom tears it up

Well, I sort of had a lovely day. It was sunny and beautiful, but HOT. And I SUCK. I have always sucked, but usually I start out playing ok, and as the summer goes on, I get worse. I got 1 par after a delicious hot dog, which meant all 4 perfect shots were answered with "all I needed was a hot dog." but other than that, it was the kind of disastrous day I haven't had in a looong time- the kind of day where I kind of stop keeping score: "I don't even know, just give me a 9." 

For example:
Flag in the center top of the screen- ball directly behind a rock. Awesome.

But, even though I was more stiff the next day than any human being should ever be after playing golf (put it this way- these are muscles I never use in that way, with me swinging as hard as humanly possible (the mark of a good swing) like 250 times (my awful score plus practice swings plus like 3 buckets of balls at the driving range to "warm up")- anyone would be stiff), and I sweat like hell and got sunburned even after 4 carefully timed applications of sunblock, it was still a nice day. A solid day to HIT THE LINKS with the people who done raised me good. 

This is behind a tee box- quite picturesque, so I took a picture

Mom tearing it up on another picturesque hole, when a storm was threatening

Then I had my standard birthday pizza and cake, got some sweet presents, and slept in HARD the next day. I then did one of the things I wanted to make sure to do this summer- read on the dock. Doesn't seem like a big deal, but sitting down on the dock with this as the view behind your book...


...is pretty awesome. Other than the mosquitoes finding me, it was beautiful to sit down there and just relax. No work, no stress- just a book, this view, and maximum relaxation and peace. I love this lake. And I finished a book, something I haven't done in years. Look at me accomplishing things!

3 comments:

  1. Nice....that sounds pretty damn fun/relaxing.....quite different from the father's day weekend I had....I was riding bikes, shooting guns, drinking whiskey, burning shit and listening to ccr....my family doesn't really know how to relax

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I've learned over time that this blog really should be yours. yes, I'm living a life that is more awesome than it was before, but I'm pretty boring. You are a lunatic

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're not boring....that sounded pretty awesome....id like to have a weekend like that some time

    ReplyDelete